BC Provincial Overdose Alert
July 17, 2020 • Posted by Toward the Heart
Stay safe. Use overdose prevention sites and supervised consumption services when you can.
INCREASED DRUG TOXICITY REPORTED ACROSS BC
(BOTH STIMULANTS & DOWN)
- Severe overdoses related to smoking down and stimulants due to the rapid onset of effects
- Record number of fatal and non-fatal overdoses through smoking and injecting drugs in May and June 2020
- Recent increase of Carfentanyl and Benzodiazepines, including Etizolam in illicit drug supply
PLEASE BE SAFE AND TAKE CARE OF EACH OTHER:
- Don’t use alone
- Use at an Overdose Prevention Site, if you can, FIND AN OPS
- Buddy up when using; ask someone to check on you
- Get your drugs checked at an Overdose Prevention Site, FIND A SITE
- Carry a naloxone kit; know how to use it FIND A SITE. Call ahead for hours
- Talk to your doctor about prescription alternatives to the toxic drug supply. Click here for more info
Check your Health Authority website for local alerts
Click here for a PDF of this alert.
Posted July 17, 2020 (remove by August 24, 2020)
Find Overdose Prevention Sites
Choose "Overdose Prevention Site" from the supply options below.